The Parastep I™ System is a microcomputer controlled functional neuromuscular stimulation (FNS) system that enables independent, unbraced ambulation (standing and walking) by people with a spinal cord injury.
The Parastep I™ is a non-invasive system and consists of the following components:
- a microcomputer controlled neuromuscular stimulation unit
- a battery activated power pack with re-charger
- the Paratester™, a unit for pre-testing main system operation and electrode cables
- surface applied skin electrodes
- power and electrode cables
- a control and stability walker with finger activated control switches.